The perfect Valentine gift for yourself or a friend – my seven secrets to a successful single life:
- You don’t have to get married – I used to think that coupledom was the only valid life choice. It isn’t.
- You don’t need a wingperson – I used to wait for friends to accompany me to drinks, dinner or a concert, before I realised I could do it all by myself, and love it.
- You can date whomever you want (and it doesn’t need to be forever) – coming out of a socially condoned marriage opened my life to dating younger men and men from very different cultures. All of these experiences have enriched my life, and continue to do so.
- You don’t have to have children – even though it seems as though everyone is doing it, you can opt out. It is a choice not a given.
- You can go on holiday on your own – you can do exactly what you want, when you want, without having to compromise. Win!
- Single life isn’t perfect (but neither is coupledom) – it’s a rollercoaster but I know which ride I’d rather be on…
- The greatest relationship you’ll ever have is with yourself – it’s a cliche for a reason. If we don’t put ourselves first, no one else will.
Now available on Amazon for only £1.99 (ebook) and £4.99 (paperback):